Where does ocean pollution come from?
Ocean pollution from land activites:
- Trash on beaches and coasts, washed into the ocean
- Waste water from pipes
- Nonpoint source pollution through run offs. Rain flow absorbs pollutants and washes it into the next river or lake, the water will end up in the ocean at some point of time.
Where does the trash go?
Ocean pollution from sea activities:
- Oil spills from oil platforms
- Oil spills from vessels and cruise ships
- Throwing waste just into the water from boats
Do something, here’s how: Help the ocean!